Tuesday, October 25, 2011

So can i change the thermostat my self or do i need to ask a mechanic?

It depends on how hard it is to get to. Newer cars use an O ring to seal the housing so its easy to do.Drain out enough coolant so the level is lower then the thermostat.Use the right size wrenches to unbolt it and take out the old one.Make sure you put the new one in the right way or it wont work.

By the way, never run your car without a thermostat.More on that with another question.So can i change the thermostat my self or do i need to ask a mechanic?You can change temperatures on your thermostat yourselfSo can i change the thermostat my self or do i need to ask a mechanic?Just repeat after me %26quot;I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN. Of course you can!So can i change the thermostat my self or do i need to ask a mechanic?Go buy a Chilton's Manual for the year and make of your car and it will give you step-by-step instructions on changing your thermostat yourself.So can i change the thermostat my self or do i need to ask a mechanic?It's pretty straight forward. As long as the Thermostat is accessible and you've drained enough Fluid and of course the proper tools to do the Job. Most importantly plenty of time so you don't rush yourself. Good LuckSo can i change the thermostat my self or do i need to ask a mechanic?Depends on what type of vehicle it is. The newer they are, the harder they come!So can i change the thermostat my self or do i need to ask a mechanic?If you live in warm weather climate,lose the thermosat you don't need itSo can i change the thermostat my self or do i need to ask a mechanic?Check out this site for FREE!



http://www.autozone.com/repair_info.htmSo can i change the thermostat my self or do i need to ask a mechanic?The thermostat is generally one of the more simpler jobs to do. You will need to ensure you have the correct model thermostat for your area and they can differ between icy and desert areas. Make sure you also get a new gasket at the same time. Whilst doing this job, check out the hoses and make sure they're still in good condition, otherwise you should replace them at the same time.So can i change the thermostat my self or do i need to ask a mechanic?if you are some what mechanically inclined then yes, if you don't know a pair of pliers from an Allen wrench then take it to a shop