Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change the thermostat in my 98 chevy 350?

Chevy V8 thermostatHow do I change the thermostat in my 98 chevy 350?Hi corey. Do these steps and you will be successful. Locate the thermostat beneath the water neck, which is located on top of your Chevy 350 engine. Next, drain all of the engine coolant from the hose that's connected to the water neck and the radiator. Look for a clamp on the end of the black hose that connects the water neck to the radiator. Simply loosen the clamp, and slide it down the hose toward the radiator. Be prepared for additional coolant leaking out of the hose. Once the hose is disconnected from the water neck, simply move it out of the way. It isn't necessary to disconnect it from the radiator. Be sure to to wear safety goggles!!!!! Hope this helps!How do I change the thermostat in my 98 chevy 350?First let the engine cool down then disconnect the upper radiator hose

use a 9/16 socket or wrench for the two bolts.Pull out the old thermostat and

install new one with a new gasket.