Monday, September 19, 2011

Weathertron to Ritetemp thermostat change problem?

I purchased a Ritetemp 8022C thermostat and tried to hook it up last night and found I had too many wires. I looked on their website today and saw that I will need to purchase the 8050C because on my old thermostat I do have an Emergency Heat setting (so I guess that means I have a multistage heat pump). I still have a couple wiring questions though



My old thermostat is a Weathertron (doesn檛 have a number). I labeled the wires I unhooked from it and they are:

R, O, G, Y, X2, B, W



So now I am looking at the diagrams for the 8050C and I don檛 see any that have all of R, O, G, Y, W

And since I have both O and B, I should tape off O correct

Lastly- I can檛 find any information on what X2 is ?!?



Please help- it檒l be awfully hot at my house tonight if I can檛 get it hooked up after work!Weathertron to Ritetemp thermostat change problem?Heat pumps are tricky. I wouldn't replace the old t-stat unless I had to. To get you out of your current jam though, all you need to do is hook up R,G, Y and O. If there is no %26quot;O%26quot; terminal on your new thermostat you need ot hook O and R together. Your system won't work in the heating mode like this.



You need a thermostat designed for Heat Pumps.



I think X2 might be a common to run the emergency heat light but I might be mistaken.Weathertron to Ritetemp thermostat change problem?buy a thermostat for heat pumps the emergency control is so that your furnace is used as a backup on very cold days.go to the heat pump website, and get there phone number and ask for technical help.
  • glory hand cream
  • glory hand cream
  •