Friday, September 23, 2011

Tried to change my home thermostat , old one has an orange wire marked o, no mention of o on new thermostat.?

Tried to just tape it and go without but now I have no ac, when I turn ac on it is heat. Tried to hook up orange wire to Rc slot (which I didnt have ) but that didnt work either??????Tried to change my home thermostat , old one has an orange wire marked o, no mention of o on new thermostat.?You must have a heat pump and have the wrong thermostat.



You need a heat pump thermostat that will have the %26quot;O%26quot; or orange connection.



The %26quot;O%26quot; is for the reversing value which switches the valve between heat and cool.



This is why you are getting heat in the cool because you don't have the %26quot;O%26quot; connection.



Sorry to tell ya.Tried to change my home thermostat , old one has an orange wire marked o, no mention of o on new thermostat.?sounds like you need an expert. sorry can't help