Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I change the batteries in a Honeywell wall mounted thermostat?

What kind of battery does this unit take? I can't figure out how to get the cover off.



Thanks!How do I change the batteries in a Honeywell wall mounted thermostat?You didn't say what model of thermostat. I assume that you mean an electronic programmable model.

Check around the edges along the top, sides, %26amp; bottom for a slot that you can insert a small flathead screwdriver.

Without applying too much force you should be able to pry it open.

Some models allow you to pinch the front cover inwards with the fingers of both hands so you can gently release the cover from the back plate %26amp; pull it away.



Your best bet is to try to find the original installation manual for your product. It should explain how to open the unit up.

When I need a product manual I usually try to locate a downloadable one from the manufacturers website. Search by using your make, %26amp; model number.

I hope this helps. Good luck!How do I change the batteries in a Honeywell wall mounted thermostat?This is for the CT3200... not sure what model you have but I imagine they can't be too different !



http://www.espenergy.com/faq_honeywell_t