Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do I change the thermostat on a 2003 chevy impala 3.4 v6? Cant remove the lower bolt on housing, no room..

I removed the airbox, but theres no way I can get the lower bolt out of the thermostat housing. Anyone have a step by step instruction on how they did this?How do I change the thermostat on a 2003 chevy impala 3.4 v6? Cant remove the lower bolt on housing, no room..Usually you can get at it once you get the guard off the exhaust manifold. They are wrapped around the manifold to keep down the heat. I think they are 10mm bolts with a little bending and wiggling you can get the guard off . Then you should be able to get at the bottom bolt but you will probably have to use quarter inch drive swivel socket I believe its a 13mm.How do I change the thermostat on a 2003 chevy impala 3.4 v6? Cant remove the lower bolt on housing, no room..If they got it on, then they can get it off... if you haven't already, try taking the hose off. Or ask a Chevy shop mechanic if they use a special tool... You'd be suprized how many wrenches I've had to cut and weld to reach difficult spots.How do I change the thermostat on a 2003 chevy impala 3.4 v6? Cant remove the lower bolt on housing, no room..there is always a way. is there something else you have to remove to get at it? check the local Chilton's or Hayes Manuel at the library and see if they have any tips. sometimes you have to remove lots to just do something simple